IT INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECT MANAGER
Bilingual (Spanish), dynamic, PMI certified professional skilled in providing leadership to ensure successful product life-cycle management, leading and documenting complex infrastructure projects from initiation through closing. Liaised between all stakeholders across geographical and cultural boundaries in order to achieve project goals. Created and presented status reports. Adept at interpersonal communication with all levels of management. Exceptional commitment to quality and customer service. Recognized for teamwork, facilitation skills, and innovative solutions to complex business problems.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
*Network implementations *Risk management *Cost containment *Conflict management
*Hardware rollouts *Presentation skills *Compliance to standards *Scope management
*Application rollouts *Problem solving *Time management *Infrastructure design
SELECTED CAREER ACHIEVEMENTS
• Achieved $1million annual cost reduction in the enterprise network services budget by implementing the migration of mission-critical WAN connectivity from frame relay to ATM utilizing Cisco IGX multi-band WAN switches. Played a key role in carrier negotiations, resulting in the elimination of exclusivity clauses for the primary vendor.
• Accomplished the hardware refresh and software update of the Aspect eWorkforce Management applications via procurement and installation of 22 new virtual servers. Partnered with Verizon, Avaya, IBM, and Aspect technical teams to migrate several thousand users for two divisions to the new platform. Established project structure, wrote the project charter, scope, and guidelines, reported project status on a weekly basis, managed scope using a defined change management process.
• Achieved the migration of several hundred call center agents to an Avaya dialer platform. Facilitated the efforts of multiple in-house teams with Verizon and Avaya technical resources.
• Restructured and managed the outsourcing of ~200 Level 1 help agents to Unisys via Citrix rollout, resulting in significant cost savings for the company.
• Designed and implemented a 5 digit dialing plan between four key locations, two in California, one in Malaysia, and one in Thailand.
• Upgraded and expanded telecommunications VoIP and data networks to accommodate additional buildings; negotiated with PBX and electrical vendors for design of inside and outside cable and system capacities.
• Achieved a desktop hardware refresh of 30% of the facility’s users ahead of schedule and under budget, oversaw daily work with in house resources and Unisys.
VERIZON ENTERPRISE SOLUTIONS
Verizon Enterprise Solutions strives to help businesses by delivering innovative connected products, and rapidly and securely deploying applications in the cloud.
Technical Project Manager – Richardson, TX. Jan 2020 – Present
Professional Services Consultant – Fort Worth, Tx. Oct 2016 – Jan 2020
DISYS SOLUTIONS, INC.
DSI has been delivering industry leading IT solutions nationwide for over 20 years to State & Local Government and Education (SLED) entities, commercial companies, and federal agencies.
Infrastructure Project Manager – Dallas/Fort Worth Area March 2016 - Oct 2016
HEALTH MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Focused exclusively on the healthcare industry since our founding in 1974, HMS helps ensure healthcare claims are paid correctly and by the responsible party.
Senior Infrastructure Project Manager - Irving, Tx. May 2014 - March 2016
One of the nation’s top 10 largest banks based on deposits; offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients in the U.S., Canada, and the UK.
Senior Project Manager – Plano, Tx. May 2010 to Jan 2014
TECHNISOURCE DEPLOYMENT SERVICES
Provide full life-cycle embedded IT engineering project services.
Senior Engineer/Project Lead – Frisco, Tx. Sept 2007 to May 2010
ECLIPSE ADVANCED COMMUNICATIONS
A network marketing venture.
Consultant - Tyler, Tx. Aug 2005 to Sept 2007
WESTERN DIGITAL CORPORATION
One of the largest computer hard disk drive manufacturers in the world with a long history in the electronics industry as an integrated circuit maker and a storage products company.
Senior Manager, IT Operations– Fremont, Ca. Sept 2003 to July 2005
Senior Telecom Engineer/Analyst - Lake Forest, Ca. Aug 2000 to Sept 2003
PREVIOUS CAREER HISTORY
Team Centrex * ICF Communications Solutions * Ingram Micro
Fujitsu Business Communications * Independent Engineering Consultant * U. S. Navy
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
BS in Business Management - University of Phoenix June 1997
MBA in Information Management - Aspen University Nov. 2004
PMP® Certification – Project Management Institute ID 1269183 Dec. 2009
CSM® Certification - Scrum Alliance Member: 000201020 July 2012
ITIL® Foundation Certificate - GR750185995WC Aug. 2015
ITIL® Continual Service Improvement Certificate - GR755025113WC June 2018
Lean IT Foundation® Certificate - GR784001240WC Oct. 2018
Certified SAFe 4 Agilist - Certificate ID: 02166797-9725 Dec. 2019
TEFL-TESOL Certification – T479787 Jan. 2020
Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace Planning and Identifying Project Risk
Communicating for Results Structured Thinking and Writing
Agile and Waterfall meet PMBOK Project Leadership, Management and Communications
Leading with Emotional Intelligence Increasing Emotional Intelligence
ESL Teacher at Our Mother of Perpetual Help 2009 – 2013
Taught English as a Second Language to Vietnamese immigrants, also helped prepare students to take the Unites States citizenship exam.
Junior Achievement of Dallas 2010 – 2014
Led several Financial Literacy workshops for junior high and high school students in the Dallas area.
William G. Cox
MBA, PMP®, ITIL® Foundation, ITIL® CSI, CSM ®, Lean IT Foundation®
Plano, TX 75075 * 972-904-0599
email@example.com * http://www.linkedin.com/in/wgcox/ * williamcox.net